Become a Volunteer
There is great satisfaction in giving back to your community. At Muscat Mums we have a large and lively team of coordinators all making their invaluable contributions in different ways. Being a coordinator allows you to meet people and integrate in a way you wouldn't likely otherwise. A few minutes of your time each week can be very rewarding.
What we ask:
- Checking the Google email account at least every two days to answer member questions
- Welcoming new members into the community and making sure they feel at home
- Updating the group Facebook page with pictures from meetings and group announcements
In addition, specific tasks include:
Play & Support Group Coordinators
- Updating events weekly
- Finding willing hosts for at least a month in advance
- Storing library items
- Managing repairs or cleaning (at a cost not exceeding income)
- Buying and selling items to keep libraries fresh and up to date
- Updating and hosting monthly meetings
- Manage item reservations
- Email monthly income/expense report to accounts
What we offer in return:
- A fellowship of dedicated moms all working to make Muscat a better place for our kids
- Free membership for one year or if you have already paid, OR 10 credit towards any party tickets
- Free rental from all libraries (refundable deposits must still be paid)
- An opportunity to keep your CV active particularly if you volunteer as a member of the board.
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com and mention the position you are interested in.
Positions currently vacant: